Monday, February 21, 2011

Improper holiday observance


Okay, so I already admitted I have a little fabric problem. Today I went to this cool new fabric store in Charlottesville (UFab) that mostly sells upholstery and big yardage (note foreshadowing). I could have easily spent a couple hours in there perusing all the stuff they have in stock. And they have a basement with remnants. Don't even get me started on the basement. For the most part I behaved myself BUT I fell in love with this adorable screen-printed bird fabric --and like any good addict I bought a yard of it without having specific plans for it. It's mid-weight cotton and almost has a linen look to it. I'm sure I'll think of something to make with it (note rationalization). It reminds me of all that cute merimekko fabric I've been seeing everywhere but can't seem to get my hands on. Aaah, if only Charlottesville had an Ikea.

So that was part of how I spent the holiday. Now I just need to figure out what to make with the fabric I bought (I also got some silk I want to try and incorporate into a quilt). Hope you had a good Presidents' Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment