Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kindred spirits


About a month ago I was at a work conference in awesome Austin, TX. Of course, I scoped out the fabric scene before heading out and boy am I glad I did! I found the best fabric shop ever: It's called the Stitch Lab. I went with a couple of friends and we were in awe of their great fabric selection. They carry all sorts of hip designer fabric, offer cool classes and carry lots of other sewing accoutrements. We even got lucky and the owner of the shop was nice enough to give us a ride back to our hotel--how cool is that?? I couldn't wait to get home and make this quilt with some of the adorable fabric I bought called Vintage Dishes by designer Melody Miller. Now, that's what I call a successful work conference! (the quilt's for sale in my etsy shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment