Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The skinny on my first show


Festive venue wasn't it? I'm in the aqua shirt, attempting to peddle my wares [photo courtesy of Flickr group: Richmond Craft Mafia].

 


A closeup of said wares.
[photo courtesy of Flickr group: Richmond Craft Mafia] 

Spring Bada-Bing was a fun show and I'm so glad I participated. Lots of quilters came by the booth to say hello (shout out if any of you are reading this and I forced one of my business cards on you!). It was nice to meet new quilting peeps and talk shop. I sold these three quilts and another that I made right before the show and never photographed. Two of the four quilts I sold were bought by Richmond Craft Mafia members who sponsored the show and were super cool and welcoming. I also sold all the tea towels I made and wished I had made more. Next time. 

There were some really talented vendors at the show. Some of my faves were Tasha McKelvey who, among other things, makes the cutest painted pottery gnomes-on-a-stick--check 'em out. You can stick them in your spring planters. I had to snag one for this year's Mother's Day gift.


The talented artist Crystal J makes funky, fun handpainted silks. The colors and patterns she's developed are irresistible.




Modern Atelier  makes unique handcrafted fragrances including one developed especially for Crystal J for the show at her request called "bacon". Yep, smells exactly like pancakes and bacon so how could I resist that??



All in all, a great show. I'm looking forward to at least attending it next year.

2 comments:

  1. So glad it was a good show, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candace! I actually can't wait to do another.

    ReplyDelete