Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thread trance


When in doubt, stare at the pretty thread. I'm so glad I got this thead holder recently. Not sure what took me so long as it was darn near dirt cheap. It makes post-project cleanup so much easier while serving up some nice eye candy to boot. My sewing nook is in the corner of my dining room so I've gotta keep it under control as much as possible and can use any little organizational tool to assist me.

Well, the UPS delivery came and I finally got my Essex linen! I can't wait to make stuff with it. I'm hoping that having a lot of backing yardage on-hand will make it a lot easier to finish projects. As it is I spend way too much time contemplating over what to back my quilts with so it will be nice to have a staple neutral to speed up the process.

Okay, I'm gonna go stare at my thread to hopefully inspire my next project...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my orange string quilt, Leslie! I really appreciate it -- and look forward to seeing what you do with your Essex linen. I have some white Essex on order...it's so nice to work with.... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete